Thursday, March 7, 2013

Action Research Revisited

I don't think I will ever get over my anxiety when it comes to research, but since reading more into it, I am ready to get started!  I am actually looking forward to working on my project, after all, it is going to center on my kids at school. My partner in crime, aka the Music Teacher, and I work really well together.  Julie is currently working on her School Counselor certification, so I am fortunate that I have someone to work with to make this program a success.  We have already had to adjust lessons based on various issues like class size, behaviors, TIME, and other things out of our control.  It is definately a learning process.
 
Everyday, teachers do some sort of action research, and they don't realize it.  The thing that I like the most is that you can take the findings of others and adapt concepts to fit the needs of YOUR kids and campus.  Every campus is unique, and what may work at one school, won't necessarily work the same way at another school. The radKIDS Instructors will collaborate from time to time to share successes and discuss things that didn't quite go as planned on their campuses. This is going to be a tremendous benefit to all of us.   



No comments:

Post a Comment