I am currently in EDLD 5366 Digital Graphics, Animation, and Web Design. Part of this week's assignment was to investigate ancient manuscripts. I visited the British Library website and explored the Bible from Ethiopia.
I found this work interesting. The book was square shaped and was full of illustrations. There were five colors used in all of the illustrations: red cinnabar, yellow, charcoal, white chalk, and indigo. Text was written in black ink while titles and necessary rubrics were written in red ink, and text is written left to right. I found their punctuation interesting. Words are divided by :, sentences are divided by ::, and paragraphs are divided by ::=::.
Examples of Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, and Proximity in the piece are: contrast is represented through the use of symbols and shapes. An example of repetition is the people depicted in the pictures share the same facial features, and several of the symbols are repeated throughout. Alignment of the pages was centered and there were symbols and drawings around the text. Proximity is demonstrated through stories and illustrations were placed on separate pages. The illustrations and text were all centered in the middle of the page and not scattered around the page.
Although I could not understand the text, I did understand the story being told when examining the illustrations. The website did have a notes tab that gave further explanations of the text and illustrations throughout the bible.
No comments:
Post a Comment